The British Players invite the participation of amateur theatre groups in the annual competition, sponsored and administered by the Players each theatre season. The competition, named in memory of a former British Players director, is designed to elevate the quality of local amateur theatre and reward excellence and outstanding achievement. The competition is open to all area theatre groups fulfilling the following requirements:
- The theatre group must have amateur status, have been established for at least 24 months and must have staged a minimum of three full-scale productions.
- The theatre group cannot belong to, or be affiliated with, a drama school or the drama or speech department of any college or university.
- A group may enter only one full-length production per season, which must be classified as a musical or non-musical. The competition season runs April 1 through March 31.
- Name, place and dates of the production must be provided at least two weeks prior to opening. No entry will be accepted after the production has opened.
- An entrant group must provide two complimentary seats for each of the four adjudicators (a total of eight complimentary seats).
- An entry fee of $20 must accompany the entry form. This fee helps to defray the costs of administering the competition.
- The Administrator retains the right to disqualify any group at any time if a production is discovered to be ineligible for the competition. The group in question will be notified of the specific reason and the entry fee will be refunded.
- The judging and tabulating of the results will be undertaken by a panel of four adjudicators specially trained and appointed from within the membership of The British Players.
- The British Players are ineligible for the competition.
After the close of the season, an awards ceremony will be held, at which time the awards will be announced. A list of the entrants and productions will be available at the ceremony. Also, at the close of the season, a critique of the production will be sent to each competing group.
There are three Ruby Griffith Awards: All Round Production Excellence; Outstanding Achievement in a Nonmusical; and Outstanding Achievement in a Musical. In addition, certificates are awarded to the two runners-up in the musical and nonmusical categories.
Send email questions or comments about this web site to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruby Griffith Awards Entry Form
For the Theatre Season beginning April 1 and Ending March 31
Please review the rules for participation before completing the following form.
Please submit your entry form as soon as it is determined which production will be entered. This will greatly facilitate our planning and coordination. Acceptance or rejection of entry forms received less than two weeks prior to the opening of the production will be at the discretion of the Ruby Griffith Awards Administrator and will depend on the availability of adjudicators at such short notice. NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED IF IT IS RECEIVED AFTER THE DATE THE SHOW HAS OPENED.
Dear Submitter (Theatre Group),
Recognizing that all theatre groups have suffered financially due to the pandemic, the Players have decided to waive all entry fees for the 2022/23 Ruby Griffith Awards!
If your performance location has changed or if this is the first year of participation by your theatre, please use the above link box to submit a good map and a clear set of directions to, and recommendations for parking in the vicinity of, the performance location.
The Ruby Griffith Awards Administrator
By clicking the submit button above, you are confirming that you are an agent of your organization with the authority to submit shows for entry into the Ruby Griffith Awards program. The entry will be e-mailed directly to the administrator of the Ruby Griffith Awards program for their confirmation.
Send email to questions or comments about this web site to email@example.com